JK Rowling's New Novel: The Casual Vacancy

Friday, July 20, 2012


I am a self proclaimed Harry Potter maniac. The intricacy of the story and the the details Rowling has weaved into her series was incredible. That beloved series is now being joined on the bookshelf of Rowling's published works. I can't decide how I feel about it, honestly.

When news first broke about a new book that would be released by her, I was skeptical and worried. Mostly worried that the new book would 'ruin' HP for me, just as I thought The Host would ruin Twilight. Perhaps I should get over being biased. Of course authors want to make a living being an author and not just a life being known for one series, but HP was such a large and well-known phenomenon that Rowling will ALWAYS be known as the author of Harry Potter.


In my opinion, no matter how good her new book is, it will never come close to Harry Potter and the world at Hogwarts in my heart. There is something about magic and making people believe in the world, believing that magic is possible maybe.

The new premise sounds good for a book. But when you compare a young boy growing up learning magic and battling evil to council elections, I'm sure which one would be higher on my list at first glance. Then again, I haven't read the book, it might blow me away. We'll just have to wait and see...

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, but I just can't imagine being impressed by this book after reading her first series. Also, have you seen the cover for the new book? It reminds me of McDonalds....... No.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!