The Wizarding World of Harry Potter!!

Monday, January 3, 2011

I recently went to Harry Potter World in Universal Studios, and it was amazing!! The cobblestone streets of Hogsmeade and the snow on the roof of Ollivanders...it was exactly how I had imagined it!

I enjoyed going to see the Owl Post, Zonko's, Honeydukes, Dervish and Banges, and Ollivanders, but I think my favourite part was the ride inside Hogwarts. As you line up for Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, the pictures move and speak to you, you visit Dumbledore in his office, listen to the Fat Lady's prediction of the upcoming Quidditch game, and sneak along the corridors with Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

It was fantastic to be able to immerse myself in a world that is loved by so many, including myself. The only two downsides to the mind blowing park were the prices and the lines. Every single thing in Harry Potter World is expensive, but it's Harry Potter World, so they know you will buy it anyway. The lines were crazy! There was a three hour wait outside of Ollivanders. I waited for almost two hours to go into Dervish and Banges and when I finally got inside it was packed. The only upside to waiting in lines for so long is meeting the people around you. I met a nice couple who were getting a Ravenclaw scarf for there daughter. They waited for two hours and then when we got inside they were sold out of all the houses except for Gryffindor. :(

Overall, I found Harry Potter World mesmerizing. It was perfect, every detail was exactly as it was in the movie! I could barely close my suitcase for all of the souvenirs! When I got home I couldn't resist reading the series for about the tenth time! :)

1 comment:

  1. Don't you wish you could really go to Hogsmeade and Hogwarts? I guess this is as close as we can get! I'm glad you enjoyed your trip so much :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!