The Name of the Wind Preview

Sunday, October 7, 2012


Told in Kvothe's own voice, this is the tale of the magically gifted young man who grows to be the most notorious wizard his world has ever seen.The intimate narrative of his childhood in a troupe of traveling players, his years spent as a near-feral orphan in a crime-ridden city, his daringly brazen yet successful bid to enter a legendary school of magic, and his life as a fugitive after the murder of a king form a gripping coming-of-age story unrivaled in recent literature. A high-action story written with a poet's hand, The Name of the Wind is a masterpiece that will transport readers into the body and mind of a wizard.



I am reading The Name of the Wind for class, and I have only just started it, but so far I am really impressed. It's not like there has been a load of action scenes to rave about, but the suspense of waiting for the protagonist to reveal his history is pulling on my mind. Obviously, there is a review to come when I have finished the book, which might take a while, as it is seven hundred pages.  It's unusual for me to enjoy a book with so little romance in it, but this is an exception to the rule so far.

1 comment:

  1. I think I'll wait and see what you think of this one before I decide if I want to give it a shot. Hopefully you'll like it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!