Teaser Tuesday

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Teaser Tuesday is a meme created by MizB at Should Be Reading and it's open to everyone! Here are the instructions from my affiliate, Amber at Reading Addict:


-Grab your current read.
-Open to a random page.
-Share a couple of “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
-BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)



" “You lost?” the boy called, waving one arm at me.
 
“Not at all,” I replied defensively, squaring my shoulders. “I was just exploring.”
The boy came closer. “It’s not a great idea to go exploring by yourself on Siren Beach,” he said. His voice was deep but a little raspy, and his Southern accent was different from CeeCee’s and the others; in a way I couldn’t quite define.
“Why?” I demanded, suddenly annoyed that this boy had appeared out of nowhere to break into my thoughts. I could feel my patience running low, like an uncharged battery. “Because of the ‘sea serpents’?” I asked, making air quotes.
 
“You know about the sea serpents?” He was standing before me now, a smile tugging at his full lips. His eyes were a clear, brilliant green, unmuddied by traces of brown or gray.
“I know they’re nonsense,” I replied, crossing my arms over my chest.

The boy swept his gaze over my face, and my heart flip-flopped."


My thoughts: So far, this book is a fantastic mix of mystery, romance, and self-discovery. Look out for my review soon!!




No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you for commenting!