Film Friday: The Hobbit

Friday, November 16, 2012


I have come up with my own meme, Film Friday. Every week I will talk about a movie that is being adapted from a book. I will update you with news of the upcoming film. This week's topic is the upcoming movie, The Hobbit.

The prequel to the Lord of the Rings doesn't seem to have the same cult-like following as LOTR. However, as the Hobbit is being made in the same vein as the other movies, I'm sure it will be incredibly popular. It comes out exactly one month from today, Friday, December 14th.

I read the book for school about five years ago, and I still think I will see the movie. Mostly out of curiosity about the quality of the movie in relation to the original movies (I should probably watch the last one first...).

There has been some speculation about where they will end the first part of the Hobbit's story, and whether or not it will be a trilogy. There has also been some stressing about New Zealand's economic situation, which is struggling more than it was eleven years again when the first movie was released.

It will also be interesting to see if the new addition to the Lord of the Rings story will roll in as much money as the original trilogy. NZ $353 million was made from the first trilogy, and it will be difficult for the new movie to come close to a third. Do you think the movie will succeed or suffer?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you for commenting!