Alex Reads Twilight

Thursday, September 8, 2011



Alex Day, aka Nerimon,  is a "YouTuber" who did a series of Vlogs, video blogs, where he read Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. As he read the book, he recorded himself giving running commentary. This sounds a bit dull, but it is absolutely hilarious!

For the most part, there are two sets of people when it comes to the Twilight Saga: the die-hard fans and the people who hate the thought of a sparkly vampire who falls in love with a teenage girl. I was one of the fans, or "fanpires", swooning at the thought of Edward Cullen. However, Alex's videos made me realise that most of the book sounds a bit stupid. I'm not entirely sure how I will be a fan of the books now. I found myself laughing hysterically during the scenes where I used to go "aww", and although it may have just been Alex's amusing commentary. To watch the video of chapter one, click here!

P.S. I wouldn't recommend reading it in class...it's a bit awkward when you have headphones in and it looks like you are laughing for no apparent reason.

1 comment:

  1. I seriously cried, I was laughing so hard while I watched these... Oh Alex hahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!